Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Get out your grass skirt and let the hula dancing commence! Our Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread is sure to cause a stir when you serve this tropical version of comforting homemade banana bread.
Makes: 2 loaves
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 minIngredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 4 teaspoons liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8- x 4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray, then dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir in macadamia nuts. In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and reserved pineapple liquid. Drizzle over cooled breads.
- In Hawaii they'd use macadamia nuts; but pecans or walnuts are more affordable and work just as well.
mr. food, mr. food
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos