Amish Bakery Custard Pie
Mr. Food -- This Amish bakery classic has all the hallmarks of homemade goodness, but our Amish Bakery Custard Pie can be made with a flaky-as-can-be store-bought crust, if we're looking for an easy shortcut.
Chilling Time: 7 hr
Cooking Time: 45 minIngredients
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust*
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the half-and-half and cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla and stir until butter is melted. Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 35 minutes; center of pie will not be set. Cool pie 1 hour, then refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or until ready to serve. Pie will set upon chilling. Cover for longer storage.
*Use frozen, refrigerated, or your own homemade pie crust.
mr. food, mr. food
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 30 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Fire Safety