Truck Stop Home Fries
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Keep your eyes "peeled" for the biggest spud on the road! Yes, in celebration of 75 years of Idaho Potatoes, the Famous Idaho Potato Truck will be touring the country! In salute, enjoy our tasty Truck Stop Home Fries made with this all-American favorite.
Cooking Time: 40 minIngredients
- 6 Idaho russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water; add potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat.Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then crumble. Add onion to bacon fat and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Add potatoes, bacon, salt, and pepper; toss gently and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown, stirring occasionally.
mr. food, mr. food
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs 52 min ago
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 37 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to...
53 min ago