Pink Lemonade Bread Pudding
Mr. Food -- Although our Test Kitchen created this recipe for everyone that's asked for ideas to use up leftover hot dog buns or hamburger rolls; when you taste our yummy Pink Lemonade Bread Pudding, you might not wait for leftovers. This novel bread pudding simply shouts summer!
Cooking Time: 45 minIngredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 leftover hot dog or hamburger rolls, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup lemon juice; mix well. Add bread cubes and chopped cherries; toss gently to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, remaining lemon juice, and cherry juice; mix well. Drizzle over warm bread pudding, or chill until ready to serve.
mr. food, mr. food
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members