Two-Step BBQ Chicken
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This lip smackin' Two-Step BBQ Chicken goes easily from our oven to our grill for a smoky flavored, moist and juicy way to have perfectly cooked barbecued chicken from the inside-out.
Cooking Time: 55 minIngredients
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in sauce, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Cook 45 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce mixture and grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken, brush again with sauce, and grill 5 additional minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
- Weather not cooperating or just don't feel like using the grill? No problem! Simply slather this sauce on the baked chicken and place under the broiler for a few minutes, just until it begins to caramelize.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season 19 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident