Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Everything old is new again, and that goes for the gelatin mold. Our no-mold required refreshing and creamy Pineapple Citrus Cream Squares are easy to serve and bring along too!
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages lemon-flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, with 1 cup juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water, reserved pineapple juice, and orange peel; mix well. Chill 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in pineapple and carrot. Pour into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Chill 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and spread evenly over pineapple gelatin mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, or until firm.
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park 54 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River...
54 min ago
- Toys for Tots marathon weekend 2013-Video 2...
55 min ago