Bistro Chicken Salad
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Want to feel like you're dining in a French bistro...right in your own kitchen? Well you can when you make our delicious homemade Bistro Chicken Salad. With a hint of tarragon, this one is a stand-out!
Cooking Time: 15 minIngredients
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken broth, water and black pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the chicken and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Remove chicken from broth; allow to cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise mixture; mix well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Notes: A fancy way to serve this is to place a scoop of chicken salad on a romaine lettuce leaf and surround it with slices of fresh melon.
mr. food, mr. food
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos