Pizza Zucchini Boats
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Get your finicky eaters to eagerly eat their veggies with our delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe delivers an "everybody loves it "pizza taste sure to "sail off their plates!"
Cooking Time: 30 minIngredients
- 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
- Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather