Pizza Zucchini Boats
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Get your finicky eaters to eagerly eat their veggies with our delicious Pizza Zucchini Boats. This recipe delivers an "everybody loves it "pizza taste sure to "sail off their plates!"
Cooking Time: 30 minIngredients
- 4 zucchini or yellow squash (two of each preferred)
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and diced squash over medium heat 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage with a spoon during cooking. Drain mixture and place in a medium bowl. Add drained tomatoes, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, and salt; mix well.
- Fill squash halves with sausage mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and squash is heated through. Serve immediately.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about