Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Think you're too busy to make homemade Baked Ziti? Not if you make this easy and delicious slow cooker version shared with us by the Crockin' Girls when they paid a visit to our Test Kitchen!
Cooking Time: 4 hr 10 minIngredients
- 1 1/4 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti pasta (uncooked, rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce, half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender.
mr. food, mr. food
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos