Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Think you're too busy to make homemade Baked Ziti? Not if you make this easy and delicious slow cooker version shared with us by the Crockin' Girls when they paid a visit to our Test Kitchen!
Cooking Time: 4 hr 10 minIngredients
- 1 1/4 pounds Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti pasta (uncooked, rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Coat a 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce, half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender.
mr. food, mr. food
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 30 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 3 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise 56 min ago
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart