Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our salute to British fare, starts at Kingshead Pub where we were inspired by the Summer Olympics in London. These hot 'n' hearty all-in-one pan Farmhouse Ham and Cheese Bake sandwiches will earn you a gold medal every time you make them!
Time: 30 min
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 4 slices of bread in prepared baking dish. Evenly layer ham over bread. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over ham and top with remaining bread. Spread butter over top of bread.
- In a medium bowl, mix together milk, eggs, mustard, chives, salt, and pepper. Evenly pour egg mixture over bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until egg custard is set and bread is golden.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/Farmhouse-Ham-and-Cheese-Bake#ys6K5y0Rgg3A16cg.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house 49 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos