Secret Ingredient Iced Tea
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Ever wonder why the iced tea at a restaurant always seems to taste crisper and more flavorful than your version at home? Well, there is a simple secret to how that happens and we're sharing it in our recipe for Secret Ingredient Iced Tea.
Cooking Time: 25 minIngredients
- 10 cups water, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (See Note)
- 7 tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil over high heat. Stir in baking soda and tea bags; remove from heat, cover, and let steep 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add remaining water and the lemon slices. Pour into 1/2-gallon container and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours, or until chilled.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint, if desired.
- Using baking soda in this recipe is no mistake. It removes any bitterness from the tea, leaving us with a smooth and flavorful drink.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cold-Beverages/Secret-Ingredient-Sweet-Iced-Tea#iCLsVczVOzDDsivr.99
mr. food, mr. food
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident 40 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 46 min ago
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 11 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly