Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our salute to the classic creamy snack cakes that became popular in the '60s, is real a crowd-pleaser. Bake a batch of our Twinkie Cupcakes that put a new spin on this old favorite.
Cooking Time: 15 minIngredients
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg whites, water, vanilla, and lemon peel; mix well. Divide mixture equally into muffins cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely, then slice each cupcake in half horizontally.
- In another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat confectioners' sugar and shortening until creamy, then beat in the heavy cream until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread equally over the bottom cupcake halves then replace tops. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
These taste better at room temperature, so if they've been refrigerated, allow them to return to room temperature before serving.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cupcakes/Twinkie-Cupcakes-6204#3pbHtuRYPhB5hPB1.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos