Baked Stuffed Peppers
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our over-stuffed veggie Baked Stuffed Peppers are a super change-of-pace easy side dish.
Colorful red and green bell peppers serve as tasty edible bowls for a stuffing that teams with any main dish.
Cooking Time: 25 minIngredients
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or green bell peppers, split lengthwise and cleaned (see Options)
- 1 tablespoon grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill peppers evenly with mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish, cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and carefully remove foil; return dish to oven and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
mr. food, mr. food
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room 25 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow