Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie
Friday, August 10, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Earn your own berry-licious blue ribbon when you bake up our tapioca Blue Ribbon Blueberry Pie.
Tapioca pearls are the secret ingredient that make this one an easy-as-pie winning dessert.
Baking Time: 50 minIngredients
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 (15-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, tapioca, 3/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix well and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll 1 pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Pour blueberry mixture into crust. Unroll remaining pie crust and place on top of mixture; seal, and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust, brush with egg, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Place a pan under pie so it won’t drip in the oven. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is golden.
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather