Decadent Banana Split Slices
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This awesome homemade ice cream novelty is always ready to serve, lickity split. Packing all the tastes of a banana split in an easy-to-slice loaf, Decadent Banana Split Slices are perfectly portioned to keep on hand to reach for one by one!
- 1 1/2 quarts chocolate or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cherries
- 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- Hot fudge to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Line a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, walnuts, cherries, and bananas; mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, pressing down to mold to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Invert ice cream onto cutting board and remove plastic wrap. Cut into 9 slices and wrap individually. Keep frozen until ready to serve, then unwrap and top with hot fudge and whipped cream.
- Feel free to make a lighter version by using frozen yogurt or a lighter ice cream. Same goes for the toppings!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Frozen-Dessert-Recipes/Decadent-Banana-Split-Slices#ZsxB9XmzsLWyhVXd.99
mr. food, mr. food
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting 56 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 27 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building