Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Warm sandwiches oozing with melty cheese just shout comfort! And our easy recipe for this trio of favorite fillings is sure to have your family singing your praises. Yes, this is what's known as a Monte Cristo Sandwich, and you'll be known for being the hero that made it!
Cooking Time: 20 minIngredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Equally divide the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
- We suggest slicing these on the diagonal and serving with cranberry sauce on the side for dipping.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Monte-Cristo-Sandwiches-From-Mr-Food#Z56JlqUAFF5zECHs.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos