Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Warm sandwiches oozing with melty cheese just shout comfort! And our easy recipe for this trio of favorite fillings is sure to have your family singing your praises. Yes, this is what's known as a Monte Cristo Sandwich, and you'll be known for being the hero that made it!
Cooking Time: 20 minIngredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Equally divide the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
- We suggest slicing these on the diagonal and serving with cranberry sauce on the side for dipping.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Sandwiches/Monte-Cristo-Sandwiches-From-Mr-Food#Z56JlqUAFF5zECHs.99
mr. food, mr. food
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses