Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Shrimp Mac 'n' Cheese puts a trendy seafood spin on our recipe for homestyle macaroni and cheese. When your gang tastes this variation, studded with shrimp, macaroni and cheese will never be the same!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium-sized shrimp, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheese until melted.
- Add cooked macaroni and shrimp to cheese sauce and stir until thoroughly combined; pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Shrimp-Mac-n-Cheese#DrTbZbdGKwuvdUgZ.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 1 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network 43 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case