Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Mmm...what could add more flavor to a juicy beef roast than fresh garlic that cooks from the inside! This easy main dish is sure to add a wow-factor to your next dinner party.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 minIngredients
- 1 (3 to 3½ pound) beef eye of round roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Garlic-Roast-1423#OHHkdeQjSwe1KVwy.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Combat vehicles in east Ukraine fly Russian flag
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"