Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Mmm...what could add more flavor to a juicy beef roast than fresh garlic that cooks from the inside! This easy main dish is sure to add a wow-factor to your next dinner party.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 minIngredients
- 1 (3 to 3½ pound) beef eye of round roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Sauté garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Garlic-Roast-1423#OHHkdeQjSwe1KVwy.99
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos