My Aunt's Blueberry Muffins
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This special family recipe is being shared by Howard in the Test Kitchen, in honor of his favorite "Aunt Ruthie" who always brought these melt-in-your-mouth muffins home from work.
He and the team created a version that matches the original to a tasty “T!”
Cooking Time: 25 minIngredients
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper baking cups and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1-1/4 cups sugar and the butter until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; beat well. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until thoroughly combined. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries and stir into batter.
- In a medium bowl, toss the remaining blueberries with the remaining flour. Fold into batter and spoon into baking cups, distributing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
mr. food, mr. food
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial 50 min ago
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30