Chilled Stacked Salad
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. Stack up this fresh-tasting, time-saving salad soon.
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl with straight sides allows us to see all the colorful layers of this salad.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Misc-Salads/Chilled-Stacked-Salad#Ex214QIpsk6Py31A.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach 56 min ago
- Search resumes for missing Malaysian jetliner 31 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap 8 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- School running: Keeping kids moving
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 30 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos