Homestyle Sloppy Joes
Monday, August 27, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This classic all-American favorite tastes so much better when made with your own fresh ingredients.
Our Homestyle Sloppy Joes are sink-your-teeth into 'em good!
Cooking Time: 15 minIngredients
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 sandwich or hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 7 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 4 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 16 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River