Loaded Jalapeno Poppers
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Need something tasty to tide your hungry gang over before dinner's served? Well, who could resist popping our Loaded Jalapeno Poppers in their mouth! They're a little bit hot, a little bit smoky, a little bit creamy, and a whole lot of tasty!
Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 minIngredients
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, split in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture into each pepper half. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip stuffed pepper halves into flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time, 1 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Loaded-Jalapeno-Poppers#YRuGIYI4axYFAWwA.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'