Loaded Jalapeno Poppers
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Need something tasty to tide your hungry gang over before dinner's served? Well, who could resist popping our Loaded Jalapeno Poppers in their mouth! They're a little bit hot, a little bit smoky, a little bit creamy, and a whole lot of tasty!
Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 minIngredients
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, split in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture into each pepper half. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip stuffed pepper halves into flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time, 1 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Loaded-Jalapeno-Poppers#YRuGIYI4axYFAWwA.99
mr. food, mr. food
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges 28 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 2 min ago
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera 19 min ago
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Fire Safety