Loaded Jalapeno Poppers
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Need something tasty to tide your hungry gang over before dinner's served? Well, who could resist popping our Loaded Jalapeno Poppers in their mouth! They're a little bit hot, a little bit smoky, a little bit creamy, and a whole lot of tasty!
Makes: 2 dozen
Cooking Time: 20 minIngredients
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, split in half lengthwise, cutting through stems, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits. Firmly press a heaping teaspoonful of cheese mixture into each pepper half. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Dip stuffed pepper halves into flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs, coating thoroughly with each.
- Fill a large saucepan or soup pot with 2 inches of oil and heat over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully fry a few peppers at a time, 1 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Appetizers/Loaded-Jalapeno-Poppers#YRuGIYI4axYFAWwA.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Brush fire in SoCal scorches 250 acres in Castaic area
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
- Suspect arrested after 2 county chase ends in crash
- Two officers wounded in Visalia shootout
- Police arrest two ID theft suspects in Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos