Thursday, August 23, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Drink in the exciting flavor when you add a bit of tropical tasting rum to our "Drunken" Chicken recipe. This lively easy main dish meal suits a weeknight as well as company!
Cooking Time: 30 minIngredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 ¼ pounds), flattened to ½-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 9- x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Remove chicken from marinade reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cream of coconut. Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened; serve over chicken.
- Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons of rum extract for the rum.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Chicken/Drunken-Chicken-1403#gbooIMsA5ZilqvwP.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low