Wagon Train Pot Roast
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This old west-style hearty beef brisket is sure to be a welcome addition to your table as the days get cooler. Big on taste and short on work, our Wagon Train Pot Roast is sure to be a family favorite.
Cooking Time: 3 hrWhat You'll Need:
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket
- 2 cups smoky-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 can French onion soup
- 2 large onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place brisket fat side up in pan.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well then pour over brisket. Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender.
- Remove brisket to a cutting board. Cut across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve topped with sauce from the pan.
If you want to make this in advance, return the sliced brisket to the sauce in the pan, cover, and store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, heat the covered brisket in a 300 degree oven until warmed through.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Wagon-Train-Pot-Roast-1584#dhEzY1bucjbpMU0g.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
- Accuweather Forecast
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos