Apple Coffee Cake
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Celebrate apple season with a homestyle Apple Coffee Cake that simply shouts comfort! Imagine taking this one warm out of your oven and serving it with a scoop of ice cream! Talk about an autumn treat!
Cooking Time: 50 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, and egg until well mixed and crumbly. Stir in apples, then spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- In a small bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm, or allow to cool, and cover until ready to serve.
- We like to serve this warm, topped with a scoop of ice cream and some additional pecans sprinkled over the top.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cakes/Apple-Coffee-Cake-From-Mr-Food#o1VVjoK0O4JJdsVc.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 23 min ago
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water 6 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession 13 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Hanford man arrested in child porn,...
29 min ago