Mr. Food: Rigatoni Bolognese
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Turn your kitchen into an Italian restaurant with our easy version of the classic Rigatoni Bolognese. This hearty meat sauce packed with flavorful veggies over rigatoni pasta will do you proud!
Cooking Time: 30 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown beef with salt and pepper. Drain off excess liquid then add carrot, onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce and oregano, loosely cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Stir basil into sauce and pour over pasta, toss to coat, and serve immediately.
- We think serving this with a little bit of Parmesan cheese makes it even more traditional.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Beef/Rigatoni-Bolognese#ph8OwtgbHIiJfd46.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 50 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels