Cheesy Hash Browns
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Who would imagine that by just changing up the cheese variety, you could take ordinary hash brown potatoes and turn 'em into WOW! Our flavor-packed Cheesy Hash Browns are the perfect brunch or dinner go-along.
Cooking Time: 40 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded hash browns (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded flavored semi-soft cheese (Like Gouda, Havarti or Muenster) *See Note
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except heavy cream; mix well. Spoon into prepared casserole dish and drizzle heavy cream evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Our Test Kitchen experimented with lots of varieties of flavored cheese. Cheese studded with fruits and veggies and herbs and spices, all sorts of combos... you get the idea! And boy, we have to say that one was better than the next! Mix and match your favorites with this recipe and it will always taste new and different.Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Cheesy-Hash-Browns#sik1IqXzQ1FGY8ol.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years