Cheesy Hash Browns
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Who would imagine that by just changing up the cheese variety, you could take ordinary hash brown potatoes and turn 'em into WOW! Our flavor-packed Cheesy Hash Browns are the perfect brunch or dinner go-along.
Cooking Time: 40 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded hash browns (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded flavored semi-soft cheese (Like Gouda, Havarti or Muenster) *See Note
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except heavy cream; mix well. Spoon into prepared casserole dish and drizzle heavy cream evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Our Test Kitchen experimented with lots of varieties of flavored cheese. Cheese studded with fruits and veggies and herbs and spices, all sorts of combos... you get the idea! And boy, we have to say that one was better than the next! Mix and match your favorites with this recipe and it will always taste new and different.Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Cheesy-Hash-Browns#sik1IqXzQ1FGY8ol.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 23 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children