Joe's Key Lime Pie
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This classic Key Lime Pie recipe comes direct from the revered Joe's Stone Crab restaurant, a landmark in Miami's South Beach section. Luscious and creamy Key Lime Pie is always a tart yet sweet dessert that satisfies everyone's taste buds.
Chilling Time: 2 hr
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup Key lime juice (see Tips)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar; mix well then press mixture over bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate to form a crust; set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg yolks and lime zest 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk and continue beating 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in lime juice just until combined. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until firm in the center. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack, then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you can't find fresh Key limes or Key lime juice, it's okay to substitute regular limes, even though it won't be exactly the same.
- This is best served very cold, so we recommend placing it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, top pie with whipped cream or whipped topping and garnish with lime slices, if you'd like.
- We just love our citrus-flavored desserts and have a couple to recommend. Try our Citrus Bars and our Tropical Fruit Parfaits for some refreshing options!
mr. food, mr. food
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 17 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 41 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos