Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our version of Chicken Bolognese is a lighter twist on the traditional Italian-style Bolognese sauce. Made with ground chicken and served over heart-healthy whole grain pasta, it tastes just as rich and hearty as the original.
Cooking Time: 30 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; brown chicken 5 to 6 minutes. Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over pasta.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Chicken-Bolognese#qlBDUSDU7AYQ5D20.99
mr. food, mr. food
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 50 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos