Halloween Candy Bars
Monday, October 29, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Finally! A great use for all that leftover Halloween candy! What's more, the kids will love making Halloween Candy Bars as much as they'll love eating them.
Makes: 16 to 20 bars
Cooking Time: 25 minWhat You'll Need:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leftover candy bars, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs then gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup chopped candy then spread batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chopped candy.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Bar-Cookies/Halloween-Candy-Bars#gWBdqcgF0MQGJS1g.99
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- The Red Wave hits the road 17 min ago
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak 34 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- 'Dogs get chance to break bowl game losing...
36 min ago
- Fresno State football fans gear up for the...
42 min ago
- Bulldog Cadillac greats Fresno State fans...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos