King Ranch Casserole
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!): King Ranch! So of course, it's big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites.
Cooking Time: 45 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder. Cook just until warmed.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half the vegetables, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/King-Ranch-Casserole-101#suECQB8VLfxTgz5k.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos