King Ranch Casserole
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!): King Ranch! So of course, it's big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites.
Cooking Time: 45 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute bell pepper, onion, and garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder. Cook just until warmed.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with half the tortilla strips. Sprinkle half the chicken over tortilla strips, top with half the vegetables, and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly and hot.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Casseroles/King-Ranch-Casserole-101#suECQB8VLfxTgz5k.99
mr. food, mr. food
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 49 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home