Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Delicate melt-in-your mouth egg noodles are tossed in our creamy Italian-style homemade sauce, for a twist on the traditional "carbonara" dish. Noodle Carbonara is sure to be a family favorite!
Cooking Time: 30 minWhat You'll Need:
- 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 8 bacon slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm in a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, 8 to10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- In the same skillet, over a medium heat, heat half-and-half with the garlic until bubbles form around edges. Whisk in 3/4 cup cheese, salt and pepper just until it starts to thicken. Stir in bacon, peas and the parsley, and cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over noodles and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Pastas/Noodle-Carbonara#igABGo2fqzsFSul4.99
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels