Holiday Sausage Stuffing
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Zesty ground pork sausage and crunchy almonds add a tasty contrast of flavors and textures to a store-bought stuffing mix. This "make it your own" version of Holiday Sausage Stuffing is perfect to team with your turkey for your holiday entertaining.
Cooking Time: 1 hr 15 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Add sausage and mushrooms and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender; drain, if necessary, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken broth, stuffing, and almonds, if desired; mix well. Add remaining butter, the sausage mixture, and the egg; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.
- You can bake this in almost any type of oven-proof mold.
- It's easy to lighten up almost any stuffing by substituting chicken stock for half or more of the melted butter.
- You can use chopped celery in place of nuts in stuffing if you prefer.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Holiday-Sausage-Stuffing-2709#pMhWkcYj8rC5Bi8w.99
mr. food, mr. food
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence