Classic Mashed Potatoes
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
Cooking Time: 15 minWhat You'll Need:
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Store Idaho potatoes in a cool, dark and well-ventilated place. They will keep for about a week at room temperature and for several weeks at 45 to 50 degrees.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Classic-Mashed-Potatoes-123#258gJRcaY3xeujHM.99
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos