Classic Mashed Potatoes
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
Cooking Time: 15 minWhat You'll Need:
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Store Idaho potatoes in a cool, dark and well-ventilated place. They will keep for about a week at room temperature and for several weeks at 45 to 50 degrees.
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Potatoes-Rice/Classic-Mashed-Potatoes-123#258gJRcaY3xeujHM.99
(Copyright ©2013 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 17 min ago
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000 45 min ago
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Former Bullard Star Taylor Gets Coaching Start at Kerman
- Valley students helping tornado-ravaged town of Moore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos