Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This southern-style sweet onion tart that we call Grandma Bell's Onion Tart is a tasty go-along for a weeknight meal, or it will do you proud when you have company!
Cooking Time: 1 hrWhat You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
3 tablespoon butter
3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
1 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and saute 2 to 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place in pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until sides and crust are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash 30 min ago
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos