Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- This southern-style sweet onion tart that we call Grandma Bell's Onion Tart is a tasty go-along for a weeknight meal, or it will do you proud when you have company!
Cooking Time: 1 hrWhat You'll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie shell, thawed
3 tablespoon butter
3 sweet onions, thinly sliced
1 cup sour cream
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 to 10 minutes, or until light golden; set aside.
- In a medium skillet over high heat, melt butter. Add onions and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and saute 2 to 4 additional minutes, or until tender. Place in pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper; mix well and pour over onions. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until sides and crust are golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
mr. food, mr. food
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos