Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp
Mr. Food -- These simply awesome Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp are packed with the ever trendy flavor of bacon. Whether for a party or "just because" you're going to surely want to give this deliciously easy crowd-pleaser a try.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoon olive oil 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced in half, then each half thinly sliced 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup light brown sugar 6 bacon slices, cut in half 12 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sprinkle onions with salt and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened. Add vinegar and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vinegar reduces in half, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and continue cooking on low heat until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wrap a bacon slice around each shrimp and place on a baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes, turn over, and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink. Serve onion marmalade with shrimp.
Want to enjoy every last bit of the sweet, sticky onion marmalade? Try serving it over rice to absorb all the goodness.
mr. food, mr. food
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car 59 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Surviving the mall's food court 45 min ago
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Consumer Watch: Surviving the mall's food...
52 min ago
- Freeze takes toll on Valley's $1.5 billion...
42 min ago