Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp
Mr. Food -- These simply awesome Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp are packed with the ever trendy flavor of bacon. Whether for a party or "just because" you're going to surely want to give this deliciously easy crowd-pleaser a try.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoon olive oil 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced in half, then each half thinly sliced 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup light brown sugar 6 bacon slices, cut in half 12 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sprinkle onions with salt and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened. Add vinegar and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vinegar reduces in half, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and continue cooking on low heat until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wrap a bacon slice around each shrimp and place on a baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes, turn over, and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink. Serve onion marmalade with shrimp.
Want to enjoy every last bit of the sweet, sticky onion marmalade? Try serving it over rice to absorb all the goodness.
mr. food, mr. food
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 20 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 34 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident