Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp
Mr. Food -- These simply awesome Sweet 'n' Smoky Shrimp are packed with the ever trendy flavor of bacon. Whether for a party or "just because" you're going to surely want to give this deliciously easy crowd-pleaser a try.
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
2 tablespoon olive oil 1 large red onion, peeled, sliced in half, then each half thinly sliced 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup light brown sugar 6 bacon slices, cut in half 12 jumbo raw shrimp, peeled, with tails on
What To Do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sprinkle onions with salt and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until softened. Add vinegar and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until vinegar reduces in half, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar and continue cooking on low heat until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wrap a bacon slice around each shrimp and place on a baking sheet. Bake 6 minutes, turn over, and bake 2 to 3 additional minutes, or until bacon is crisp and shrimp is pink. Serve onion marmalade with shrimp.
Want to enjoy every last bit of the sweet, sticky onion marmalade? Try serving it over rice to absorb all the goodness.
mr. food, mr. food
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos