Good Luck Pork and Cabbage
Mr. Food -- Slow Cookers are super when you're too busy to stand watch over your stove top. Well, our slow cooker recipe for old-world inspired Good Luck Pork and Cabbage, popular for good fortune in the new year, is sure to make your life in the kitchen easier.
Cooking Time: 6 hr
What You'll Need:
4 cups shredded cabbage 2 apples, coarsely chopped 1 small onion, chopped 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup apple juice 1 teaspoon salt, divided 3 pounds boneless pork butt bottom roast 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What To Do:
In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine cabbage, apples, onion, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; mix well.
Evenly sprinkle roast with remaining salt and the pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and brown roast on all sides.
Place roast in slow cooker over cabbage mixture, cover, and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours, or until fork-tender.
mr. food, mr. food
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 31 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Schools prepare for new transgender law
34 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos