Barn Raising Breakfast
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our hearty Amish Barn-Raising Breakfast recipe is guaranteed to give you lots of energy to start the day. This homey, country-style breakfast bake might traditionally be made in a coal or wood burning stove, but it'll bake up just fine in our own ovens, easily.
Cooking Time: 40 min
What You'll Need:
1 pound ground breakfast sausage
1/2 cup diced onion
1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough
1 (10-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes, browned
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion until browned.
Unroll dough and lay flat across bottom of baking dish. Evenly spoon sausage mixture over dough. Top with browned potatoes, 1 cup cheese, and red pepper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper; pour over red bell pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and eggs are set. Let cool 5 minutes then serve.
mr. food, mr. food
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say 53 min ago
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State 33 min ago
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.