Amish Pickled Beets
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- The great thing about beets is they're available all year long, and while they are quite versatile, pickling them is the most popular way to cook this colorful veggie. So grab a pot, boil some water, and start slicing those beets!
Chilling Time: 8 hr
Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 min
What You'll Need:
What To Do:
Notes: Leaving part of the stems on helps the beets keep their nice rich color. And because that color can stain your hands, you may want to wear kitchen gloves when handling the beets.
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 46 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder 48 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures 14 min ago
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt