Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Money-saving chicken thighs are the key to this twist on traditional Chinese pork spareribs.
Our Chicken Spareribs recipe packs all the taste of that Asian sauce yet thanks to the chicken, is a bit lower in fat.
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and ginger; stir into chicken.
Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Stir into chicken and cook until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 46 min ago
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- California farmers to get more water 29 min ago
- 2 Dems challenge Rep incumbent in Valley congressional race 7 min ago
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession 36 min ago
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Photos: Pictures show killer spared at the gallows
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Hanford man arrested in child porn,...
52 min ago