Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Money-saving chicken thighs are the key to this twist on traditional Chinese pork spareribs.
Our Chicken Spareribs recipe packs all the taste of that Asian sauce yet thanks to the chicken, is a bit lower in fat.
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What to do:
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup water, the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and ginger; stir into chicken.
Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining water. Stir into chicken and cook until sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies