Kickin' Corn Bread
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- We've got a secret ingredient that makes our Kickin' Corn Bread second to none.
And the best part is, a box mix helps this recipe come together in a flash!
Cooking Time: 20 minWhat You'll Need:
- 1/2 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potatoes, egg, milk, chipotle pepper, and salt until smooth. Stir in corn muffin mix just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and honey. Brush over top of bread and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining honey butter.
(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case