Beefy Garlic Pizza
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Want something new to make with that package of ground beef in your fridge? We'll our Beefy Garlic Pizza is calling your name and we bet it'll be your new favorite go-to dinner recipe!
Yields: 6 to 8 slices
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
* 1 pound ground beef
* 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
* 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly golden.
3. Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on prepared pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with cheese.
5. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
* If you'd prefer to use a prepared pizza shell, that will work here, too.
* We love to serve this with a Caesar salad for a complete meal!
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 59 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 42 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals