Beefy Garlic Pizza
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Want something new to make with that package of ground beef in your fridge? We'll our Beefy Garlic Pizza is calling your name and we bet it'll be your new favorite go-to dinner recipe!
Yields: 6 to 8 slices
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 6 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
* 1 pound ground beef
* 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (see Tips)
* 1 (6-ounce) package sliced provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
What To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12- to 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute garlic 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly golden.
3. Add ground beef and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until completely browned, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid; stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough out to 12- to 14-inch circle. Place on prepared pizza pan. Using a fork, prick dough 15 to 20 times. Spoon beef mixture evenly over pizza dough and top with cheese.
5. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is crisp and brown. Cut and serve immediately.
* If you'd prefer to use a prepared pizza shell, that will work here, too.
* We love to serve this with a Caesar salad for a complete meal!
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos