Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Head south of the border tonight for dinner with our Tex-Mex Chicken Enchiladas. This dish is loaded with authentic Mexican flavor and you don't even have to leave your house!
Cooking Time: 35 min
What You'll Need:
* 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
* 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
* 3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
* 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
* 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
What To Do:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2.In a medium bowl, combine enchilada sauce, cocoa powder, chili powder, and garlic powder; mix well.
3.In a large bowl, combine chicken, 2 cups cheese, chipotle pepper, and 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, distributing evenly; roll up.
4.Pour 3/4 cup enchilada sauce mixture in bottom of prepared dish. Arrange enchiladas over sauce, seam-side down. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
5.Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
* Serve with your favorite toppings and go-alongs!
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar 28 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire