Quick Lobster Bisque
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- It's so easy to cook lobster that our Quick Lobster Bisque is a great way to switch things up any night of the week. Get that water boiling!
Makes: 5 cups
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons minced onion
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 cups milk
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup dry sherry or seafood broth
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon paprika
* 1 cup chopped, cooked lobster meat (about 1 pound)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
What To Do:
1.In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion 1 minute, or until tender. Add flour, stirring until blended. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, whipping cream, sherry, salt, and paprika; bring just to a simmer.
2.Cook uncovered 15 to 18 minutes, or until slightly thickened. (Do not boil!) Stir in lobster and chives and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through; serve immediately.
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos