Quick Lobster Bisque
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- It's so easy to cook lobster that our Quick Lobster Bisque is a great way to switch things up any night of the week. Get that water boiling!
Makes: 5 cups
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons minced onion
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 3 cups milk
* 1 cup heavy whipping cream
* 1/2 cup dry sherry or seafood broth
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon paprika
* 1 cup chopped, cooked lobster meat (about 1 pound)
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
What To Do:
1.In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter. Saute onion 1 minute, or until tender. Add flour, stirring until blended. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, whipping cream, sherry, salt, and paprika; bring just to a simmer.
2.Cook uncovered 15 to 18 minutes, or until slightly thickened. (Do not boil!) Stir in lobster and chives and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through; serve immediately.
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000 47 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base 39 min ago
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 22 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos