Lonestar Steak and Potatoes
Mr. Food (KFSN) -- Our Lonestar Steak and Potatoes uses a spice blend that does double duty that'll get you an all-in-one meal in no time -- with a little kick!
Cooking Time: 45 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 baking potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if desired; mix well. In a large bowl, combine olive oil and 2 teaspoons of spice mixture. Add potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes; turn potatoes over and bake 15 more minutes, or until fork-tender and crispy. Cover with foil and place on bottom rack in oven. Turn oven to broil. Sprinkle steak on both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil 6 to 7 minutes; turn over and broil 4 to 5 more minutes, or to desired doneness.
Notes: If you have any leftover seasoning mix, store in an airtight container for later use.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos