Mr. Food -- These colorful cookies will add that festive touch to any cookie platter this holiday season. The recipe for Cherry Drops is so easy, you'll want to make these all year long!
Makes: 60 cookies
Cooking Time: 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 3 sticks butter, softened
1 (3-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
60 maraschino cherries with stems, drained on paper towels
White decorative crystal sugar for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add gelatin and sugar and beat until well mixed. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass, and make an indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb. Place a cherry in indentation and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you prefer, you can use cherries without stems and you can even cut them in half. Whatever works best for you!
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years