Baked Brie with Grilled Calimyrna Figs
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- By Trelio Restaurant, Clovis, California
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups dried California Mission figs, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios, toasted and divided
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and cayenne pepper; to taste
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 wheel Brie (8-inch)
- Vegetable oil; as needed
- 8 fresh California Calimyrna figs, cut in half lengthwise
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- Watercress; for garnish
In large saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar and dried figs; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Strain and discard figs. Return liquid to saucepan; simmer gently over low heat until reduced to 1/2 cup. Transfer to squeeze bottle and chill.
Reserve 2 tablespoons pistachios and combine remainder with clarified butter in blender or food processor. Pulse on high until smooth. Add sugar and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush phyllo sheets with melted butter; stack and cut into quarters. Divide wheel of Brie into quarters and place one quarter, bottom up, in center of each square. Fold phyllo up and over Brie, to fit tightly. Trim and seal phyllo.
Heat vegetable oil in nonstick skillet and lightly brown wrapped Brie on all sides. Transfer to baking sheet, seam side down, and bake at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Season figs with salt and pepper; grill until warmed through.
To serve, warm Pistachio Butter in microwave and spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons onto each of 4 individual serving plates. Arrange Baked Brie and 4 grilled fig halves in center and sprinkle with reserved pistachios. Drizzle Balsamic Reduction over all and garnish with watercress.
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 35 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case