More Farmers Markets Recipes
July 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Foodily.com is a new, free app that collects recipes from around the web with many famous 'Tastemakers.'
Hillary Mickell, Chief Tastemaker of Foodily.com joined Hosea Sanders on a shopping trip at Daley Plaza's Farmer's Market to talk about all of the fresh local foods that are coming into season now-berries (blueberries, strawberries), kale, tomatoes, etc.
So much is available in the local farmer markets across Chicago and into the suburbs, but consumers just don't know what to do with these fresh finds.
RECIPES & LINKS
1. "Endive, Honeydew And Pear Salad" from Cat Cora
2. Naptime Chef Martha's Blueberry Crisp
3. Lisa McRee/The Skinny: Frozen Yogurt Birthday Cakes in a Jar Birthday Cake [if airing before 4th of July] In a Jar
4. Lisa McRee/The Skinny: Skinny Berry Truffle
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- Fire Safety